Permits and subsidies

23_05_2019 Fox Control Workshop RCP information flyer FINAL (2).pdf

Permits are required for landholders to possess and use registered 1080 or strychnine products for vertebrate animal control on leasehold or freehold land.

The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development charge a fee of $82.50 (GST inclusive) for the assessment and processing of a Restricted Chemical Product Permit. There is also a fee of $41.25 will apply for permit amendments.

The PHBG can subsidise the cost of a Restricted Chemical Product (RCP) Permit for landholders in our operational area.

Now, through a partnership with the Coolup LCDC landholders can also have their 1080 product costs subsidised for fox control within the PHBG operational area. Landholders can provide their receipts for 1080 products after purchasing to the PHBG for reimbursement.

Once a landholder has completed and passed the online restricted chemical product training they can make an appointment with a PHBG Officer to fill in the application at the Waroona Landcare Office.

Appointments can be made by emailing

Steps from start to finish

  1. Contact the PHBG for information on the RCP process and your eligibility.

  2. Landholder encourages neighbours to apply as coordinated control across a wider area is more effective (the PHBG can help with this step as well).

  3. Follow provided link to complete the online safety module and receive the certificate of completion.

  4. Email the certificate to the PHBG and make a time to fill in the application form with a PHBG officer

  5. Read the tip sheet provided and draft a map following the guidelines.

  6. The PHBG will provide a printed map of the property and work with you to fill out the application form.

  7. The PHBG will send in the application form and cover the application fee.

  8. The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development will assess the application and provide the permit or feedback for changes. This could take 2- 6 weeks.

  9. Landholder takes their permit into their local 1080 product distributer to purchase products.

  10. Landholder provides their receipt to the PHBG for reimbursement.

  11. Landholder starts their control program and provides feedback to the PHBG on their successes.

  12. Landholder reaps the benefits of increased control during important seasonal events like lambing.

1080 Baiting

Please note there are minimum requirements for baiting.

You must meet all of the following criteria:

  • Have completed and passed the online restricted chemical product training.

  • Your property must be greater than 10 hectares or 25 acres.

  • Baiting must be a minimum of 150m from any dwelling.

  • Your property must be located outside an urban zone.

  • Your property must be outside a town water catchment area.

  • The restricted chemicals (1080 or strychnine) must be safely stored and locked in a cabinet.

Soft Jaw Traps

You require this permit if you live in a built up area or special rural zone.

Property size too small?

Landholders that don't meet the minimum size requirements for a 1080 permit can combine properties with neighbours to reach the threshold. The PHBG can coordinate a community baiting program with a number of interested neighbours to allow them a wider range of choice when controlling feral animals.

Email: if interested.